RE: Need a tranny for your post '68 MGB? Free.

To: "Stuart MacMillan" <macgroup@comcast.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Need a tranny for your post '68 MGB? Free.
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 08:14:22 -0600
Stuart,

I am in need. But getting to Seattle is somewhat of a problem (granted
the 900 or so mile drive is tempting just to do it). My OD transmission
died in my 72B so I am still in need of a temporary replacement until I
can get it fixed. It had less than 2000 miles on it from a local
rebuilder so I'm hesitant to have it redone locally again. I'm inclined
to take it to University Motors for their transmission rebuilding
seminar next February, and just use a temp replacement transmission in
my car until then.

Would you consider shipping one by bus to Billings, Montana? I think it
will cost about $75. Unless I can find a lister eastbound on I-90. As
soon as the snow melts (about 5" on the ground right now), I'll be
thinking convertible season again.

David Councill
dcouncill@msubillings.edu
67 BGT