Why I prefer classics

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Why I prefer classics
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:10:38 +0100
"... refreshingly free of fashionable but worthless gadgets.  For example no
separate starter button - we gave that up 40 years ago.  No harsh, run-flat
40 series tyres, no unfathomable computerised control system, no massaging
seats with computer controlled side bolsters, no disobedient computerised
transmission.

"Our car starts immediately with a simple twist of a key.  It has
comfortable and durable 60 series tyres that will last a long time and are
inexpensive to replace.  They also grip well in all weather conditions.
Should you have a puncture a full-sized spare wheel ensures that you can
complete your travels in comfort whatever your intended speed and distance.
Our traditional switches are labelled in English or the language of your
choice.  If they or the systems they operate should ever fail they can be
repaired cheaply and simply by any competent repair man.  Our transmission
has reliable mechanical controls.  If you select first gear at 40 mph that
is what you will get until you, not a computer, decide otherwise."

A spokesman for Bristol on the launch of their 2005 model Blenheim.