Re: clutch saga continues-solution in sight!

To: Mike Duvall <duvallcom@sbcglobal.net>, MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: clutch saga continues-solution in sight!
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:55:23 +0200
Before doing this all, I'd rather clean everything thoroughly.
Flush the liquid lines with an alcohol liquid and let it dry well
afterwards.
The slave cylinder easily can be dismantled and cleaned with the same fluid
when it is taken from the car.
You then can verify the state of the rubber piston for any damage as well
now.
Same counts for the slave cyl. bore.
When pitted, the bore can be made smooth with the most fine class of
abrassive.
When reassembling special brake "grease" maybe applied on the moving parts.
Worked out well and everything still is operational for years now on my GT.

You also can clean the bleed screw etc. for proper operation.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT