Seats

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Seats
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:39:54 -0700
Gentlemen,

Thank you all very much for your sage advice.  I found a derelict MGB
rusting away and used a camera to photo the under seats.   So now I have a
photo of an actual, probably origina, set up.  I discovered that I was all
wet and when I changed to what was in the photos all went well (well,
comparatively!)  The advice of one lister to use plastic ties to hold bits
together worked well.   One small problem was that as I have put down my
own brand of sound proofing I had to use long bolts - which then stuck out
underneath as it compressed the foam.  So now I have to cut bolts in situ -
but no big deal!!

The chrome handle goes nearest the tunnel, the back-flat latch and the
back-forward latch are away from the tunnel.    This gleaned from official
photos.

I am proud to say I now have a seat installed and now know how to do it -
seat installation that is

Once again, my many thanks to the noble band!

Barrie Robinson
705-721-9060
MGB GT V8 in the making
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII in the wings

Purveyor of O-ring kits for Smith and Jaeger gauges
------- and of stainless steel mesh grilles for MGBs
------- and of bitumastic soundproofing