Re: Raising the Hood Question

To: "Ray Graham" <rgraham@sigecom.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Raising the Hood Question
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 10:00:16 +0100
Unfortunately it is probably excessive sun that has caused it to shrink in
the first place, like tonneau covers.  Doesn't seem to be a problem with
either here in the UK.  If the hood frame has the rear bow that can be swung
out of the way (even at the expense of undoing the stitching on the flaps
holding it in place like on the later frames) this should give you some
slack, then pushing the rear bow into position will tighten it up again.
But 2.5" is a lot to try and claw back.

PaulH.