Re: clutch MC and slave

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: clutch MC and slave
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 15:45:47 +0100
Never bench bled, never seemed to need it.  I *filled* the system using a
Gunsons EeziBleed (on very low pressure) connected to the *slave* nipple,
rather than the usual method of connecting it to the master, because I have
heard of so many problems using the normal filling/bleeding direction.  I
got full clutch slave travel (1/2" to 5/8") straight away with no bleeding.
Pump all the old fluid out of the slave nipple first a) to get rid of it and
b) to flush out any debris from the pipe.  Don't think a Mityvac will help
unless you can connect it to the master and a container of fluid to the
slave nipple.

PaulH.