Re: NON - MG Computer Problem

To: Zach Dorsch <herr_dorsch@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: NON - MG Computer Problem
From: Simon Matthews <simon.d.matthews@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:00:28 -0700
Zach,

This sounds like some kind of spyware has infested your computer,
although it could also be a virus.

I suggest that you download and run AdAware:

AND Spybot Search and Destroy:

AND (if you are running Windows 2000 or XP), Microsoft's anti-spyware:

Watch out, because there are a lot of FAKE anti-spyware products out
there. The three I have listed above appear to be trustworthy.

You might also need to run an anti-virus scan. Avast offers a
free-for-personal-use virus scanner.

Oh, and you may not be up to date with all the security patches from
Microsoft. I suggest that you being your system up to date immediately
after using the above tools.

Regards,
Simon