Re: Engine for MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine for MGB
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 18:01:01 EDT
In a message dated 23/06/2005 2:35:59 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

I don't know why anyone would bother with a mild performance V6  (especially
from a FWD application), when high performance inline-4s are  equally
available, and much more easily fitted (one would  assume).

But then, after working on a Miata for the last few weeks, I  have to say
that while a 1.8L DOHC EFI engine sounds like a huge  improvement in spec, I
don't think the performance would compensate for the  accompanying wiring and
plumbing nightmare.

Well, some V6 engines fit easily - the Chev 60  deg model, for instance.

And as for 4 cylinder models, the Miata engine  is a nice fit and gives an
easy 140 bhp, which is really all you need.

See _http://www.rhodo.citymax.com/i/non-rhodo/edtwincam.jpg_
(http://www.rhodo.citymax.com/i/non-rhodo/edtwincam.jpg)

Bill