Re: Re:

To: ptegler@cablespeed.com, Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>,
Subject: Re: Re:
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 20:01:35 +0200
Let me tell you about MG and leather upholstery and cost.
In the eighties a friend of mine worked at the British Leyland Dutch parts
warehouse.
One day a financial guy came with the order to look for the parts, which
were not moving or moving very slowly.
All these parts had to be scrapped and depreciated to zero.
Guess what - several leather MGB seat covers were amongst the parts.

Now the bad news: these brand new leather seat covers were cut in pieces, in
order to avoid getting these onto the black - gray parts market....

Sad story...

Cheers,

Hans who's looking forward to a weekend of European MG Event of the Year
2005
Sunday it's record breaking time - the celebrating Dutch MGCC (50 years
young) has a week packed with events - sunday we try to get the longest line
of one marque of cars.
Guiness Book of records has this listed of some 273 Rolls Royces in one row.
With our club and other European MG's coming this must be easy to set the
new record!

'71 BGT Bearing a few left over stickers of the nasty scrap event (SCCA MGB
1975 champion)