Re: Re MGB Leather Upholstery

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re MGB Leather Upholstery
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:59:31 EDT
In a message dated 6/30/2005 1:18:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pboldtrix@juno.com writes:

Bought a brand new 64 B Roadster in 1964 -- Tartan Red, Dove Grey top, red
leather seats w/ red piping and red carpets, from a dealer in Pompano Beach
FLa.  Have never seen another Dove grey top since, and I've attended  many,
many
shows.

Just to add to the first-person narrative, in '68 I bought from  Manhattan
Auto in MD & DC a new '68 GT w/OD, white with red seats, black  piping,
leather.
 I don't think "options" were available in the US--we got  what the UK
shipped.  I do believe that '68 was the last of the leather,  with MG going to
vinyl
for the '69 "throne" seats.

Jay Donoghue
72 B-GT