Re: MGB leather upholstery

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB leather upholstery
From: "JustBrits_com" <justbrits@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:13:50 -0500
Gents!!

I would suspect that the Leather vs Vinyl thing is like Big Healey in a way.

Dealers ORDERED cars as they wanted them.  Ditto for individuals that where
willing to wait.

So if you WANTED vinyl, it got ordered.  If you WANTED leather, most likely
on Sales Floor or at a nearby Dealer!

The Dealer most likely felt that leather would sell better!!  Keep in mind
his "competition"!!!

Abouth the only way I know of to pretty much be sire of what your car had
"as new" is the BMIHT Cert. (info on my site w/links).

To "back this up<G>)", even thru BJ-8 and including Big Healeys, you could
order the car AS you wanted!!  BJ-8s (stock) had a silver covered by clear
piping.  ALL of them EXCEPT orders.  On my site you can see an example
(Cert. copy AND in Driving Lights) of a Healey Blue car with Leather
interior in which the piping was the SAME colour as as the rest of the
interior!!

Clear as mud????

<VBG>!!

Ed