Re: Unloading and installing a four-post lift

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Unloading and installing a four-post lift
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 23:12:06 -0500
On Jul 17, 2005, at 9:17 AM, LBCarCoMail@aol.com wrote:

> Also see if they have what is called  a pallet jack.
>

> In a message dated 7/16/2005 9:21:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> Steve@shoyer.com writes:
> and they said that the box is about 15' long and weighs about 2100
> lbs.

15 feet and 2100 lbs. on a pallet jack?  Even on flat ground, you'll
have to hire a "Worlds Strongest Man" contestant to push/pull that... :)

I'd go with a forklift.  We've loaded complete buses onto flatbeds
before with forklifts.  You might call the forklift rental company
and explain the whole moments notice thing with them.  Do those guys
really need more than one days notice?