Pronounciations and spellings

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Pronounciations and spellings
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 20:57:31 EDT
While we're talking about pronounciations, two others really bug me:
Concours -- pronounced con - coor (like the beer, only singular)
a Concourse is a place in the airport next to which the planes park.

d'elegance -- pronounced dell - ah - gahnz -- not dee-ely-gince

tonneau (which incidentally is the space behind the front seats in a
roadster) is pronounced
tahn - o. The vinyl thing with the zippers and snaps that covers the tonneau
is the tonneau cover.

Just thought I'd vent a little on a Sunday afternoon.
Gary Anderson