Re: Shroud or not to shroud

To: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Shroud or not to shroud
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 17:25:05 -0700
Larry,

I understand but uncertain I can explain.  But seems that if your fan is
right up against the rad then putting a shroud around the fan tips is
good.  Make a strip as wide as rad to back end of blades. allow for 4
attach-to-rad tabs which should be bent at 90.   Then fix shroud around fan
blades.  This stops air spilling off the ends of the fan blades.  An all
rad-covering shroud seems to work best if the fan is pulled back away from
the rad (I do not have this option).  The one thing I figured out myself is
that blocking air flow over the top of the rad (under the bonnet) is a good
idea - although maybe the cold fresh air missing the rad but into the
engine bay could be a good idea??  I do wish I had a test vehicle and had
the time to do some tests!!!

At 01:54 PM 8/6/2005, Larry Daniels wrote:
>Hey, Barrie, you gonna share the newfound knowledge or keep it all to
>yourself?
>
>Larry Daniels
>79 MGB LE
>72 Midget
>60 Bugeye
>
>"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
>doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
>shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson
(705) 721-9060