RE: MGB Carpets on eBay

To: Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGB Carpets on eBay
From: MICHAEL JONES <jonesmp@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 19:57:48 -0700 (PDT)
For my education...(since I have an A and a C) what was the original carpet
material in a B? Pile or wool or rubber? Is getting a sub par carpet set worth
saving a few bucks? Given a choice the wool is far superior  and you can even
get Karvel in red or black. And I would agree to stay with the "knowns" for
easy returns.
MJ

"Ronald A. Fine" <ronfineesq@earthlink.net> wrote:
I just wanted to second the comment about sticking with known suppliers. I have
recently purchased several small parts for my BN7 from Ebay sellers who
advertise all the time and claim their products are better than those available
from Moss or VB. The parts look great but when I went to install them they
don't fit correctly or don't function correctly. Trying to return them to these
sellers is a real PITA. I've been burned once too often. I'm sticking with the
major suppliers. When ever I have had a problem with a part they always were
willing to take it back for full credit without much hassle.
Ron

"My suggestion is to stick with the known quantities that have good
return policies, unless you can find a good deal on an uninstalled kit
someone is trying to sell".