Re: trying a new method

To: 1971MGB <1971mgb@cox.net>
Subject: Re: trying a new method
From: "Paul T. Root" <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:36:09 -0500
You had a clogged charcoal canister.

It is very easy to renew. Get some 3M Green Scrubing pads. You'll
need two. And a jar of fish tank charcoal.

Unscrew the bottom, disassemble carefully. Cut the 2 green pads to
circles that fit in the canister. They go on the top and bottom. There
is probably the remnants of a filter in place. Through out the old
charcoal, put in the new.

Reinstall. Make sure your hoses are still ok.

I also had the tubing from the canister back to the evaporator clogged.
That was a rotten job.

When working, the canister is only a benifit, it doesn't take power, and
does it's little bit to keep gas in the car instead of the atmosphere.

Paul.

--
    ______      Paul T. Root
   /    _ \     1977 MGB