RE: MGB Tire sizes

To: "'Emjaxfl@aol.com'" <Emjaxfl@aol.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGB Tire sizes
From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:56:20 +0100
Thanks all.

Eric - I didn't realise the BGT had larger tyres than the roadster - I
wonder why that was??  They both used the same size rims, didn't they (at
least for the same model year)?

I'll check on availability and prices, but I think I'll just go with the
original size (or closest to it), which seems to be 165/80 14's.  Paul, I'll
check out the Sumitomos and Kumhos, if those have worked well for list
members in the past.  Don't think that Kumho is a widely available brand in
the UK, but Sumitomo should be fairly easily available.

I can get good prices on tyres at Costco, but they only seem to sell
Michelin Energy tyres - from the name I assume these are biased towards
getting improved mpg, which would imply quite a hard tyre I suppose?  I'm
not too fussed about mpg with the miles I'll be doing (even in this era of
close to #1/litre!), so that may not be the sort of compromise that suits
me.

Richard Gosling & Nancy

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If
you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly
prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in
this communication shall be legally binding.