Re: FW: MG Is Born on DVD

To: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>,
Subject: Re: FW: MG Is Born on DVD
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:38:37 -0700 (PDT)
Bill, this is a series filmed in England, called the 'Is Born' series.
They have a bunch of different people building/restoring various things -
cars, motorcyles, houses (I think), etc..... The specific one entitled 'An
MG is Born' features this guy Mark Evans (he does the car ones) and he
goes and buys a clapped-out B and restores it over 10 episodes. In
addition to some great technical stuff, he is really funny, with a typical
British sense of humor. Also, it's interspersed with things like a visit
to the British Motoer Heritage center where they build the "new" MGB
bodies. I downloaded it from a server someone set up - it's a great
series, and the official DVD is supposed to come with additional footage
and photos of the resto.

It's apparently on the Discovery Channel in the UK.

--- Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> Hi Scott,
> What is this MG DVD?

Dan D
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - "On the Road Again....!"
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
'04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328