RE: You twiterings

To: "'Barrie Robinson'" <barrie@look.ca>, contact@sniffpetrol.com
Subject: RE: You twiterings
From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 10:25:52 -0000
Dear Mr. Porter,

You will have recently received an e-mail from Mr. Barrie Robinson
concerning your Crap Cars USA book, which he does not seem to be a great fan
of.  This e-mail was copied to an MG owners mailing list which I am a member
of, and on which there have been several comments on your book.

I am also a member of that mailing list, and am currently resuscitating my
second MG BGT, but I have also been a subscriber to Sniff Petrol for several
years and I have a copy of the UK version of Crap Cars.  Barrie is of course
entitled to his opinion, I just wish to make it clear that he does not
necessarily represent the views of everyone on the mailing list (any more
than I do).

I have found Sniff Petrol to be frankly hilarious in the past.  Yes, it may
be a puerile on occasion (particularly the spoof MG ads!), but so what?
Some of us find puerile humour funny (well, I do).  And some of us do have
the ability to laugh at ourselves when fun is poked at us.  I have actually
owned 4 of the 50 cars in the Crap Cars UK version, and I still enjoyed the
book (actually I was disappointed a 5th car I've briefly owned, the Proton
Persona, didn't qualify as well).

Frankly, knowing your sense of humour from Sniff Petrol over the last few
years, I strongly suspect you don't give a stuff what a bunch of MG owners
on an internet mailing list think of you, and you are probably more amused
than upset by any controversy you manage to stir up.  But I thought I'd let
you (and the rest of the mailing list) know anyway.  Having said all this, I
expect I'll find I'm the only one who feels this way, and I'll be sent into
exile and never offered help or advice again...

Richard Gosling

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If
you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly
prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in
this communication shall be legally binding.