Re: There's this book....

To: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: There's this book....
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 10:53:43 -0800
I do not think the book is satire at all.  Satire is the exposure of
folly or faults of things by humour.  This, he does not do.  Instead
he slams the 'thing' itself NOT the fault.  If he had poked fun at
the MGB being able to reach 80mph only with a tail wind of 40mph then
I would laugh.  Or if he pointed out the lack of sorted heaters (they
work well when fixed!) - again I would laugh.  But just to criticise
for the purpose of selling the book   hmmmm?

At 02:34 PM 11/18/2005, Carl French wrote:
>It is just satire. Go to his website;
><http://www.sniffpetrol.com>www.sniffpetrol.com It is just like 'the onion'
>Carl
>
>Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca> wrote:
>As I said before PLEASE no one buy this book! I hate seeing these
>types making money from such promotional rubbish.
>

>At 10:57 AM 11/18/2005, Simon Matthews wrote:
> >On 11/18/05, Gosling, Richard B wrote:
> > > Take it on the chin!
> > >
> > > I bought the UK version of this book that came out about a year
> > ago. Of the
> > > 50 cars featured, I had owned 4 of them through the last few years!
> > >

><http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTFqODRtdXQ4BF9TAzMyOTc1MDIEX3MDOTY2ODgxNjkEcG9zAzEEc2VjA21haWwtZm9vdGVyBHNsawNmYw--/SIG=110oav78o/**http%3a//farechase.yahoo.com/>Yahoo!
>
>FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson
(705) 721-9060