Re: Faultless MGB-GT

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Faultless MGB-GT
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 02:40:54 +1030
On 22/11/2005, at 2:25 AM, Aaron Whiteman wrote:

> My brother accused me of buying a car with "broken brakes" the
> first time he drove it.  "Just press harder," I said.  Apparently
> it goes both ways.

Reminds of when I went to a girl's birthday/going-away party a couple
of years ago.  She said she always loved my "little car" so I threw
her the keys and I said "Happy Birthday - take her for a spin".

Remember that the car is a wannabe race car so she is a little stiff
and noisy and has a heavy clutch - but after a few hops, she roared
away.

When she came back (slowly) down the street just a few minutes later
the girl was visibly a little shaken.

"It goes OK", she said, "but why didn't you tell me it had NO BRAKES".

I guess we forget about others being used to their all-wheel discs
and ABS, but I told her it always stopped me fine on a race track.
She was looking for a little more power assistance, I guess!

I can tell you that she wouldn't say that now since I got my rear
disc brakes - they certainly have massive stopping power (too
much???) for the little, light car!

Eric
'68 MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia