Re: Poor brakes - and how to get to them

To: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>,
Subject: Re: Poor brakes - and how to get to them
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 09:47:50 -0000
Ran out of adjustment on the nut on one of mine as well.  As the cable was
otherwise sound I fitted a clamp to the end of the short inner where it
attaches to the compensating lever on the diff casing to shorten it by about
1".  When adjusting the rear brakes I always tap the drum with a mallet,
pull up and release the handbrake 3 or 4 times and pump the pedal a few
times to settle the shoes then recheck the drag as it can have an effect.
Even then experience has shown that the V8 needs one click more free travel
than the roadster or it drags too much in actual use.

Paul.