Re: Poor brakes - and how to get to them - UPDATE

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Poor brakes - and how to get to them - UPDATE
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 14:48:48 +0100
At least in our country (Netherlands) it already is oblidged by law to have
brakefluid cannisters of the MC to be made of material, where you can see
through.
Goal is, to inspect the fluid level without opening the cannister, by so
preventing dirt coming into the system.

It is not law for aftermarket parts, to replace metal types with plastic
ones.
The year of change, I rate is around 1974.

There are stupid things in this:
My 2000 built Audi A6 fluid cannister maybe made in compliancy with the
regulations, but the cannister cannot be inspected from the outside as it is
totally built into other cappings....
I rely on the electric warning system here...

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT