Points and other things

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Points and other things
From: Mike Torrusio <miket@maine.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 22:31:16 -0500
Will:

At the risk of being in the extreme minority, I am putting a vote in
for retaining your original equipment rather than go electric.

I have a '71 MGB that is my only car.  I run it every day, rain,
shine, sleet, hail.

I don't receive any trouble from the old points and condenser system,
other than the need to adjust the points periodically, replace them
every year - more or less, and clean the rotor cap of corrosion.

It seems a small price to pay for a reliable easy to fix without
needing-to-replace-everything system.

Cordially,
Mike Torrusio
screaming down the road in a Brit Green '71 MGB.