Thanks for the advice- sputtering 74 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks for the advice- sputtering 74 MGB
From: William Killeffer <wkilleffer@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 22:04:54 -0500
Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the advice I've received so far on diagnosing the trouble
I'm having with my 74 MGB. From what you've said thus far, it's looking
like a case of needing a new dizzy cap and coil. Changing the points and
condensor might not be out of line either. One or the other of those had
some sort of replacement warranty, but I can't remember the details.

However, every time this sort of thing happens, I start thinking about
the possible advantages of installing electronic ignition. It's the
higher price that has put me off until now, but the convenience seems
more attractive. What kind of longevity could I expect from one of the
Pertronix systems that the Roadster Factory typically prices around $89
in their Christmas catalog?

Thank you,

--
William T. Killeffer