Re: OFF TOPIC _ EUDORA

To: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC _ EUDORA
From: Simon Matthews <simon.d.matthews@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 12:38:23 -0800
Barrie,

On 2/3/06, Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca> wrote:
> If one sends out a message to a list of email addresses, some of
> which are no longer valid, Eudora reports an error and shows a yellow
> torn-in-half envelope - presumably saying it was not sent.  Problem I
> have is - Does this mean NO messages were sent out to the good
> addresses.  This seems to be the case sometimes and sometimes
> not.  This I test by putting my address in the list to see if it comes to me
>!!

I cannot imagine that Eudora knows that email addresses are no longer
valid except by responses from remote servers, after the email has
been accepted and a delivery attempted by your ISP's server -- in
other words, it is responding to the bounce messages.  So, I think all
emails should be going out.

In fact, if an email has multiple destinations, Eudora should only
send out one copy of this email to your outgoing mail server. Thus, it
can't possibly send to only some addresses.

On the other hand, if the list of recipients includes addresses that
are syntactically incorrect, then Eudora won't send any. But this
cannot apply to addresses that were once valid and are now no longer
valid.

Regards,
Simon