Re: I've got brakes!!!

To: "Gosling, Richard" <r.gosling@penspen.com>,
Subject: Re: I've got brakes!!!
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 16:39:03 -0000
After having bled the brakes a number of times on both my roadster and V8
over the years I have never had to do what you describe.  However it isn't
straight-forward, simple pumping or use of a Gunsons EeziBleed always leaves
a long pedal that pumps-up but sinks again after being released for a couple
of seconds.  I have found that after 'normal' bleeding I have to get someone
to stand on the pedal while I rapidly open and close each caliper nipple in
turn.  This *always* blasts out an extra bit of air that low-pressure
bleeding didn't, and always returns the pedal to what it should be.  Quite a
bit easier than turning the servo round and back.

PaulH.