Re: Brake Master rebuild

To: "Jason Spaeth" <jasonspaeth@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Master rebuild
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 16:59:47 -0000
Have you removed both circlips?  I'm not sure what system you have but for
the split braking system with the plastic angled reservoir the Workshop
Manual shows a larger circlip under the spring, which is held onto the
piston with a 'Spirolox ring' retainer at the push-rod end, and a smaller
circlip further inside the bore of the cylinder.  Between these it says to
"move the piston up and down in the in the bore (the MC is held in a vice
with the push-rod pointing upwards) to free the nylon guide bearing and cap
seal".

PaulH.