Re: Bracket for fuel pump

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrie@look.ca>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Bracket for fuel pump
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:00:19 -0000
Chrome bumper cars have the pump mounted under the car, with the fuel end
adjacent to the right-hand rear wheel arch and the electrics end sticking
into the cradle for the right-hand battery.  There should be two studs
visible from underneath for the bracket (the item you mention), there is
nothing in the boot.  Rubber bumper cars have the pump mounted higher, and
with the electrics end sticking into the boot under a metal shield.  My
Parts Catalogues don't show the mounting arrangement for these like they do
for the chrome bumper cars, but from memory the pump sits in a large grommet
in the sheet metal and there is a clamp round the grommet to stop the pump
being pulled out, but the clamp itself is not bolted to the sheet metal,
only the shield.

PaulH.