Re: Rear Brake Bleeder

To: <Weberstevej@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Brake Bleeder
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 09:19:25 -0000
I'm sure an MGA-er will chip in, but they do point downwards on the MGB.
This confuses as people expect them to be uppermost like the front calipers.
However where there is a relatively large reservoir of fluid in the caliper
hence any air will gather at the top and can only be bled from the top.  In
the rear cylinders at rest the backs of the pistons are touching each
other - or very nearly so - hence there isn't a 'reservoir' as such for air
to get trapped in.  The normal flow of bleeding should be enough to push any
air out of the cylinder, just as it should push it *downwards* in relevant
pipe runs.

PaulH.