WinSU : Need info on overbores etc.

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: WinSU : Need info on overbores etc.
From: "Scott Beavis" <Scott.Beavis@ametek-online.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 14:06:33 -0000
Hello!

Some of you may remember me. My name is Scott Beavis and I used to own a 1978
MGBGT. Sold it in summer 2003, and havn't been on this list since. Hopefully
the car is still running somewhere out there. I put a lot of time and money
into that car and didn't get much back when I sold it on. I also had a rally
mini  which I had to sell last year after 10 long enjoyable years of ownership.
Got a Mazda MX-5 now, it's great! Fast AND reliable! ;-) ok, ok, I'll wash my
mouth out!

The reason for me re-subscribing to this list is I'm on the scrounge for
infomation. I am the author of WinSU, the world famous carburettor needle
software, which some of you probably use. I know Paul Tegler was hosting a copy
on his MG site. I have just released version 2 which is much bigger and better,
and <drum roll> covers MG's!  (well, B's and Midgets, at the moment)

Check out the software at http://www.winsu.co.uk

At present it only has 1800cc for the B-series. I've had requests from users to
include overbore capacities for MGs.

Anyone know the standard bore diameter for the 1800cc B-series? What are the
common overbore capacities? (I assume +20/40/60 thou is common?)

What about other tuning options/parts? I'm sure it's common to fit K&N filters
etc, but what about things like camshafts? Anyone fitted an uprated (longer
duration) cam? What make/part?

What would also be useful is some examples of modified engine specs, with bhp
and the needle code you running. WinSU seems to suggest the correct needle for
standard engine spec with twin HS4 (ABD I think) but I have no real life data
at all for modified MGs.

If any one can help I'd be very grateful.

cheers
Scott