Truing wire wheels and mounting, balancing tires

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Truing wire wheels and mounting, balancing tires
From: "Charley Robinson" <charleyrob@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 20:36:22 -0500
I'm putting new tires on my MGA with knock-off wire wheels. When removing
the wheels from the car, I noticed that each wheel had a couple of loose
spokes. I would like to get the wheels trued up, which I believe should be
done before mounting the tires and then get the tires mounted and balanced.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop that can do this work? I'm in
Connecticut and would prefer something within driving distance, but if
necessary, could ship the wheels and tires out to get the job done right.

The wheels could use sandblasting and painting while we're at it; Any
thoughts on getting these things powdercoated? Or, should I just go for the
chrome wires?
TIA,

Charley Robinson