Re: Truing wire wheels and mounting, balancing tires

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Truing wire wheels and mounting, balancing tires
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 19:51:48 -0800
If you price it out, I think you will find that a set of new wheels is
cheaper than having 4 wheels stripped, trued and painted. That is, if you
can even find someone in your part of the country to do it.

If you go for chrome wires (which will be more expensive yet), make sure the
spokes are stainless steel, not chrome-plated. The chrome spokes are brittle
as all get-out, and rust at the threaded end just as bad as the painted
ones.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149