RE: Pinion oil seal

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pinion oil seal
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 21:06:07 -0500
Well, the link was a big help, along with other suggestions.  I think I've
got it, but I may have overtightened by 1/12 due to misalignment of socket
upon reassembly.  Oh well, we'll see tomorrow if it works.  That bugger sure
is tighter coming off than going on!
Thanks for the tips.

Safety Fast!

Gordie Bird
'62 MGA
'67 MGBGT (with new pinion oil seal but maybe a trashed "collapsible
spacer")

> The main tip seems to be don't go by the torque!  Mark the
> position of the nut and shaft before disassembly, and tighten
> to the same place  *and no more*.  See
> http://www.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgoc&a=539705117
39272797372457223822116114> &mode=techarchind&archtype=mgabctechtips&id=69