RE: Non-MG: Shipping Company

To: <RampantNM@aol.com>, <wbmcleod@cox.net>, <fayne@attglobal.net>
Subject: RE: Non-MG: Shipping Company
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 09:55:40 -0600
Yes, this is true. But shippers still use that line on very well packaged
boxes, something I have seen several times including a fairly recent shipment
of hard drives sent by Federal Express. In that case, they did eventually pay
up after inspection of the drives indicated they must have taken an impact
equivalent to a 100 foot fall (maybe the box fell out of the plane??). What I
am suggesting is a common practice that works well with what I used it for -
used car parts. I wouldn't ship something like a new $500 Heritage fender this
way but it worked very well for a used $30 boot lid I had sent up from Florida
as one example. Or the used window regulators I sent to Canada. Anything that
is shipped has its risks and the chance that you will be left with damaged
items that are not recoverable or reimbursed by the shipper, even if insured,
regardless of the packaging.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B