Re: mga generator

To: "Tom Gunderson" <Thgun@comporium.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: mga generator
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 14:49:55 +0100
Generally one removes the wires from the F and D spades and link the two
spades together.  Connect a voltmeter between the link and ground, and start
the engine.  Sloooowly raise the revs watching the voltmeter, and by about
1000 rpm you should be seeing a steady voltage approaching about 20v.  DON'T
exceed 20v.  If you only see 0.5v to 1v the field winding may be faulty.  If
you only see 4v to 5v the armature winding may be faulty.

PaulH.