Transmission bolt size question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Transmission bolt size question
From: AGreenberg@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 19:37:47 EDT
Folks I need to buy the socket that will allow me to remove the nut that
holds the flange on the back of the transmission.  Anyone know  the size? Is it
'normal' or reverse threaded?

I'm putting in new U-Joints which has gone well except that the dpo put a
bit more ummpf on the fittings then necessary. Two of the studs are stripped
and
 deformed so I cut them out with the handy dremel.   I have a new set  of
proper hardware, I just need to craw under there and wrench the flange  off.

Thanks!

Alex

Alex Greenberg

1976 MGB - Fair  weather daily driver ( Junior ) GHN5UC402027G
1996 Subaru Legacy LS -  reliable great little car
1974 Ducati 750 GT - exquisitely beautiful  motorcycle