Re: Brake and Clutch MC colors

To: Peter Ryner <pryner@verizon.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake and Clutch MC colors
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 20:23:13 -0700 (PDT)
The cans were plated. I believe they were silver zinc. What kind of pics are
looking for? How to pics or pics or where the parts go? "Original MGB" by
Anders Ditlev Claushager is the 'bible'. Catalogs with exploded diagrams are
great for figuring out how things go together.
  Carl

Peter Ryner <pryner@verizon.net> wrote:
  I'm working on a '66 MGB and don't have all of the restoration manuals I
need yet. I pulled the master cylinders and want to rebuild them before
they rust away. They are the early ones without the markings. I got the
innerds out okay and they are clean enough to be rebuilt. I wire brushed
the outsides which had a lot of overspray from the previous paint job.
There is still some rust so I treated it with "Extend". My question is
where they originally painted and if so what color?