Re: Key Question

Subject: Re: Key Question
From: Aaron Whiteman <awhitema@panix.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 09:41:02 -0700
On May 15, 2006, at 8:55 AM, R. Martin Rogovein wrote:

> Not that the name of the shop would help you (being in Tel Aviv and
> all ;-)
> but I found blanks at a regular key&lock shop.
> Look for the little shop run by the old man who has owned it for 50
> years.
> He will look at you funny at first, but then he will come up with a
> box of
> BL original blanks, covered with dust, from the back of the shop
> somewhere.
>
> Or maybe I just got lucky . . .

Nope, same story here in Pullman.

Be sure to find the old locksmith, the young ones will attempt to use
a Toyota blank, which works really well until it breaks off in the lock.

Pete is really the best way to go though, he will cut a blank "by
number" (assuming you have the lock number), so you get what amounts
to an original key rather than a copy of a key that is likely rather
well worn by now.