Re: Key Question

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Key Question
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 11:15:02 -0700
Another key question: would the ignition/trunk key be the same pattern as
the door key for a '66 B?

I have a "UNION" branded key that works in the trunk lock, and the ignition,
but won't open the doors when locked. Then I have a little oval-headed UNION
key that works in the glovebox lock, and the ignition as well (it has a
different number), that won't open the doors, either.

The gas cap key is the same shape as the trunk key, is labeled "WBH", and
also works in the ignition, BTW. I don't recall if I tried it on the doors.

There may be something wrong with the door locks, anyway. When locked with
the key you can't unlock them using the inside handle, which makes
experimenting extremely inconvenient. This explains why I never lock the
doors.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149