RE: Old School vs New School

To: "Paul Root" <ptroot@iaces.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Old School vs New School
From: "Gosling, Richard" <r.gosling@penspen.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 14:40:13 +0100
Fantastic!  I must admit, my initial reaction was that a Frogeye
wouldn't have a hope against a modern 3l V6 car.  Then I realised how
much weight had been added to the Peugeot, sound system, play station,
and the mechanism for those doors is bound to weigh a ton.  And clearly
a bit of effort had been put in preparing the Sprite in the opposite
direction, removing weight and making it race-ready.  For racing
generally, on a hill-climb particularly, weight is everything.

Still, the result is hilarious.  So many of the mods to the Peugeot are
to make it LOOK fast - bodykit, spoilers, lowered suspension etc. - yet
it can be beaten by a car with 1/3 of the engine capacity and probably
even less power. HA!!!

Was that from a recent episode of Top Gear?  I usually manage to catch
it, although I missed it last night, and the season opener a couple of
weeks ago.  Hold on, it's repeated tonight at 7:00, gotta catch it!!!

Watching that made me regret not turning up to our local hillclimb a
couple of weeks ago - it was a bit damp that day, but it's only held
twice a year and in Aberdeenshire you have to take whatever weather you
get, so I should have gone (as a spectator, I should mention, Sammy is
in no state for such shenanigans!).

Richard & Sammy ('73 Black Tulip BGT)

This message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged.
If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return E-mail
and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised use or dissemination
of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that
E-mails are susceptible to change.

The Penspen Group shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete
transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any
delay in its receipt or damage to your system. The Penspen Group does not
guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that
this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.