Re: Old Speckled Hen

To: bill <bilking@comcast.net>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Old Speckled Hen
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 14:35:33 -0400
Bill,

When I was back over there I had a pint of 'speckled' in the
"highest" pub in England - and, yes, it was a disappointment!   I
think the brewer's are following the "American" trend where
everything is all presentation and no body!   So they are probably
going for that Budweiser/Schlitz ice cold tasteless flavour.  There
are still good "real ale" beers but you have to look for them.  One
excellent new beer in Canada is "Conners".    Try it if you are/will
be in Canada.  Oh  - and try Charles Wells IPA imported from England

At 01:19 PM 5/27/2006, bill wrote:
>I was in the UK last week and I was on a mission to taste as many
>pulled beers as possible.  One pub had Old Speckled Hen on draught
>which I ordered up with great anticipation.  I must say it was a
>dissapointment.  Overall  I sense there must be a hops shortage in
>the UK as they all were a bit flavourless.  I'm glad to be home and
>uncapping my new batch of IPA homebrew, no hops shortage here.  Stop
>by if you want a taste, I've got plenty.
>
>Bill
>
>1959 MGA and 2006 India Pale Ale

Regards

Barrie Robinson
705-721-9060
MGB GT V8
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII in the wings

PURVEYOR  of O-ring kits for Smith and Jaeger gauges
                         Stainless steel mesh grilles for MGBs
                         High-tech sound deadening materials
                       .........and Exotic wood gear lever knobs