Re: Old Speckled Hen

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Old Speckled Hen
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 15:32:18 -0700 (PDT)
--- Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> You don't seem to realize that there was a time when hops were a
> controversial innovation in English beer...

The only time I've ever found OSH for sale was at a liquor
store near my employer's Washington DC office - in fact it
was half way between the office and the hotel.  It was packed
in cans, with the little plastic squirter inside a la
Guinness "draught".  I though it was pretty good.  Ale
traditionally doesn't have a high hop content, unless
it's IPA (and in that case the hop content was bumped up
as a preservative).  I'm surprised to learn that so many
were disappointed -- unless they were expecting the beer
to be as remarkable amongst beers as MGs are amongst cars.
:-)

David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com