Hi Torque Starters

To: "MG Mail List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hi Torque Starters
From: "John DiFede" <difejo@frontiernet.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 20:40:38 -0700
High Torque Starters

Anyone fitted these to their cars??

I have one fitted for 2+ years on my 1973 MGB.  The car is not driven much
lately, but the starter works fine.  I did have to fiddle with the wiring.
The battery + lead had to be rerouted in order to reach the new starter
terminal.  The connection also had to be insulated as the wire now is routed
differently and against the steel body of the vehicle.  I was concerned that
through rubbing the wire insulation might wear away leading to an electrical
fire.  A big concern since the battery lead is not fuse protected.  I wrapped
the lead with wiring conduit to provide an extra level of protection.

The current issue of Classic Motorsports (July 2006 -pg109) has an article
describing the installation of  a high torque starter.

I think that my car sounds like my old Toyota when it starts.

John DiFede
73 MGB