Eng Disassembly

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Eng Disassembly
From: "RICHARD BOES" <csrb7007@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 09:30:43 -0400
Listers:

I'm having with a slight bit of difficulty with a couple steps in a '79 B
engine disassembly.  First, the removal of the camshaft is being halted by the
distributor drive shaft.  My attempts to remove the shaft as per the manual
have not been successful.  Secondly, #5 main bearing cap is not moving along
well at all.  Through working the cap back and forth, also prying on a bolt in
the center threaded hole of the cap, I've managed to lift the cap
approximately 3/8 of an inch.

If anyone has any recommendations on these "issues," please pass them along.

Thanks again,

Dick

'79 B project