fusing white

Subject: fusing white
From: Aaron Whiteman <awhitema@panix.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 22:30:09 -0700
I've been considering adding a fuse to the fuel pump and overdrive.
Better safe than sorry, I think.

Step the first, I read Paul's website to determine where to place the
fuse, which left me with a question.

All I really know is fusing earlier is better, so it would make some
sense to fuse the white wire as it leaves the ignition switch.  The
easiest place to do this is on the switch side of the multi-plug that
connects the ignition to the loom.  However, this would also fuse the
white side of the fusebox, which supplies the coil.  Is this a problem?

Alternatively, I could fuse the other side of the multi-plug and only
protect the inertia switch/od/fuel pump/alternator lamp circuit.
There are two wires on the main loom side, I want to make sure I get
the right one fused.  Is there any non-destructive (to wires or tape)
methods to determine which white wire goes where (fusebox or the
inertia switch)?  Since this part of the wiring loom has already been
mildly mucked with, I'm not afraid to take a guess and cut a wire,
but I thought I would ask for opinions/help first.

--
Aaron Whiteman -- http://www.panix.com/~awhitema/MG/
  '75 B (red for now), HIF4 carbs