Help with Tranny Flange

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Help with Tranny Flange
From: AGreenberg@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 17:15:05 EDT
Hey Folks,

I finally figured out and bought the socket to get the flange off my '76
MGB's tranny so I can put new studs on the flange so I can mount the new
mating
flange so I can install new U-Joints.....etc

Question:    Is the nut holding the flange to the back of  the transmission
Turn Counter-Clockwise  to Loosen or Turn  Clockwise to Loosen?
I tried both ways with a 12" breaker and couldn't get anything to loosen  up.
The DPO had a tendency to say the hell with the torque wrench.  The  flange
studs were so elongated from why too much umpf that I had to dremel them  off.

Thanks for the help

Alex