Re: Carb oil differences

To: yd3@nvc.net, darby@tri-lakes.net, mgrick@mgcars.org.uk,
Subject: Re: Carb oil differences
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:37:12 -0400
I am constantly amazed at the erudition about our cars on this list.  Thank
you Blake, David, Rick, Charlie, and Paul.

By the way, has anyone ever contemplated leading a "How to..." handbook,
based on the list?  After all the years of this list, someone with editing
skills might be able to  figure out how to encompass the wisdom of the list
into a useful handbook. I'd buy one.

Thanks again all,

Bill Saidel
'76B, HiF's functioning better
BMCSNJ

At 04:27 PM 7/9/2006 -0500, yd3@nvc.net wrote:
>Bill:
>
><<<Snip>>>
>Yet, the low rpm sputtering indicated something wrong and only after I
>got
>home did I check them and one of the HIF's was nearly empty.
><<<snip>>>
>
>1) IME, low carb oil will not affect an engine except when trying to
>accelerate. Then the carbs don't richen up enough and the engine may
>miss.

SNIP