RE: Automatic to manual?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Automatic to manual?
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 08:35:39 -0400
Hi Group..

Does anyone have experience on changing the automatic mgb to a manual? I
have a 1970 auto gt daily driver which I'm afraid is not very economical and
on long run revs rather too much.. I am however loath to change the car from
it's original spec... Any thoughts??

Darren
---------------------------

It's not too tough.  I once converted an automatic Volvo 144 from automatic
to manual, in the winter, in my driveway.  I took me most of a weekend, but
was quite straightforward.  It was much more fun to drive with the man
trans.  You simply have to remove all of the automatic only bits, and
install all the man trans bits, what, clutch pedal, clutch master cyl, add
the clutch slave and associated pipe and that should be it.

Safety Fast!

Gordie Bird
'62 MGA
'67 MGBGT