Pints (was RE: Thermometer)

To: "bill" <bilking@comcast.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pints (was RE: Thermometer)
From: "Gosling, Richard" <r.gosling@penspen.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 08:52:55 +0100
Bill said ..."A pint must be a pint after all"...

Well, your American pint certainly isn't a pint.  A proper (imperial)
pint has 20 fl.oz. in it, not 16, although those fluid ounces are 4%
smaller, making our pint overall 20% larger.  That means our quarts and
gallons are 20% larger too.

Beer seems to be the one area where a British serving size is bigger
than an American...

Richard & Sammy ('73 Black Tulip BGT)

This message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged.
If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return E-mail
and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised use or dissemination
of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that
E-mails are susceptible to change.

The Penspen Group shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete
transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any
delay in its receipt or damage to your system. The Penspen Group does not
guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that
this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.